Children should not have to suffer through dental pain!. If your child has a toothache or other dental emergency, call our office in Chandler immediately. We offer same-day and next-day appointments to address all types of urgent dental care needs. Our Chandler, AZ pediatric dentists will treat your child with the best care available while you watch in the treatment room.
We proudly offer the very best emergency dentistry near Chandler, AZ - and beyond!
What Kind Of Injuries Are True Dental Emergencies?
With children, dental emergencies often depend on whether or not there is bleeding or pain. For instance, if a primary or baby tooth gets bumped and chipped, we would want to see your child, but might not consider it an emergency that needs to be seen right away, especially if nothing hurts.
Here are some scenarios that require same-day emergency care:
- If your child’s teeth have been knocked out, broken, or show signs of an abscess, they must be repaired quickly in order to save them.
- Cuts or bite injuries to the soft tissue that bleeds should be treated as an emergency if bleeding does not stop.
- Chronic toothaches that cause severe pain should also receive immediate care. (If the pain tends to be milder and off or on, the visit can be scheduled at your earliest convenience.)
- Issues with your child's braces could warrant an emergency orthodontics appointment.
For these scenarios, we recommend you call our office immediately for a same-day appointment. If you believe your child has a fractured jaw or if they have been hit hard in the head, take them to the nearest emergency room.
What Do I Do With A Broken Or Knocked-Out Tooth?
If the tooth has been knocked out cleanly, rinse it in warm water without scrubbing or wiping it and press it back into the socket as soon as possible. This simple step can save the tooth. Put a clean piece of cotton gauze under the tooth and bite down to keep it in place while you come to our office.
If the tooth is broken or will not go back into the socket, rinse it and place it in a clean cup, covered by milk, contact solution, or your child’s saliva. If your child is old enough to hold something in his mouth, he could hold the tooth in the pocket of his cheek. Come to our Chandler office immediately as time is of the essence when repairing a broken tooth, knocked-out tooth, or chipped tooth.
My Child Complains That Their Tooth Hurts
A toothache is one of the most painful conditions that a person can experience. If your child’s tooth still hurts after brushing and rinsing with warm water, floss the area to remove any food particles that might be stuck. If it continues to be painful, or if it is swollen, use a cold compress for as long as they will tolerate it and bring them in for an emergency appointment.
Do not use aspirin or heat on a sore tooth, as it can make problems worse! If your child's tooth has been causing them trouble for longer than a day or two, call our pediatric emergency dentists right away for further instructions.
What to Do After Dental Trauma
- Clean the area. Rinse with saltwater or keep a soft washcloth over it.
- Keep an eye on the hurt teeth. If they get darker, it is a sign that the nerve is dying.
- Call the office if the area swells more. We’ll need to see the patient quickly. Keep ice on it as long as your child will tolerate it during the initial 24 hours after trauma occurs.
- Infection can show up as a raised area, or boil in the gum near the injured area. Call the office so we can treat it immediately.
- Serve soft foods for a few days to help keep the teeth stable.
- Steer clear of very hot or very cold foods and sweets as they can make sensitive teeth hurt.
- Take any prescribed medicines as directed. If the dentist prescribes an antibiotic, take all of it!
Affordable Urgent Dental Care - We Take Your Insurance!
If you or your child has a dental emergency, the last thing you need to worry about is how to pay for it. We accept a variety of different insurances, including Arizona AHCCCS. Additionally, we work with a third party lender – CareCredit® – to offer 0% financing.
Schedule Your Child's Emergency Dentist Appointment Today
If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, call us immediately. We offer same-day appointments!